Take a bite, food truck, began operating from its Dutton location beside Rona, on Currie Road, in May 2015. Chef Amal’s Lebanese cuisine is amazing. The Fallafel tastes very fresh and authentic along with the shawarma. I love love Love the hummus and chips! The deep fried dills, deep fried mushrooms and onions rings are so tasty and have such a great crunch because of that batter.
The Fried chicken! Omg! Amazing crunch! Such good, juicy flavour! Ask Jeff about his fabulous beer batter he created using local beer from Railway City brewing company. And of course, please try the Mac and cheese balls. Get extra and share them with everyone around you!
Take a bite’s desserts are made by Susan Mauer of Port Talbot Orchards (30502 Fingal Line, Wallacetown) and on Canaday Day, they handed out some amazing Cherry Cupcakes! They were so moist, soft and fresh tasting with a lovely cherry filled centre.
Take note that Jeff and Amal have created specials for each day:
- Monday & Tuesday: closed
- Wednesday: pizza day. Their signature shawarma pizza is delish!
- Thursday is Lebanese Cusine.
- Friday: fish and chips. (Using their amazing beer batter)
- Bbq Saturday / Smoker day!! There is a smoker on site and Saturdays they smoke up all kinds of meat, like a pork shoulder for 9 hours and serve up pulled pork!
- Sunday: more Bbq Specisls like whole smoked chickens! Look for the $10 special when you can take home, after 3pm, a whole smoked chicken with the side they have for that day, like, cilantro and rosemary vegetables. Or just get the chicken thighs with coleslaw for $8!
For take-out orders: 519-702-2483 (BITE)
Take a look at their Facebook page for daily specials.