Pelee Island has got a lot of heart thanks to Conorlee’s. Well thanks to Rickolte’s healthy, fresh and tasty food with a lot of love and passion incorporated. Also the outdoor decor is fabulous: a tree-lined seating area with beautiful, welcoming, vibrant orange picnic tables.
I loved my smoked turkey wrap with pickeled turnip and avocado mayo. Also the rice salad special with fresh ginger was superannuation the perfect combo.
And her assortment of baked goods are the perfect companion for the ferry ride back. I loved the Bug Lebowski: a sweet cream cheese in a butter glazed pastry. But her chocolate chips cookies are utter perfection with an amazing chocolate chipped centre.
Not only is she the bakery/deli owner, she’s also the cook and baker as well as an artist of these lovely hand painted mugs and wine glasses. I got the tree painted one and I found out the wine tastes better because of The Rickolte’s added. :)) Oh, and that’s not all, she’s also the islands yoga teacher!
While you are at Pelee Island be sure to:
- Lunch at Conorlee’s and pizza dinner takeout from here too
- After the fabulous Pelee Island Winery Wine tour, cook your own lunch on their BBQS. Take your bottle of Pelee wine (I love the 2008 Gewurtztraminer Reserve, the Vinedresser Meritage and the Cab Franc Ice Wine)
- Watch the sunset from Westview restaurant’s patio while enjoying the huge chicken wings, deep friend dills and perch and pickerel.
- Enjoy the amazing Perch and Pickerel at The Anchor & Wheel Inn restaurant on their patio.
- Sandra’s Wandering Pheasant Inn for her delightful, local breakfast. And she gives great activity advice.
- Bike the island
- Kayak to fish point (on whichever side of the island is calmest)
- Hike fish point & stone alvar glacier grooves
- Pelee island winery tour‘s very informative tour and history of the island.
- Go hammocking along west shore road
- Rickolte’s yoga class
Had I known we a passion for food, I would have cooked for you…
Thank you so much, I loved you and Pelee Island loves you! Until we meet again my friend…….
Look forward to when we meet again!
Looks delicious…wish I could be there!! 🙂